18 Mar Sonim Technologies Partners with Public Safety Application and Accessories Developers to Enable New Mission Critical Solutions in support of FirstNet initiatives
With this new platform, applications can be developed and deployed as quickly as first responders think them up.
San Mateo, CA – Sonim Technologies, maker of the world’s toughest smartphones for extreme environments, has created a communications and information platform for first responders and public safety agencies who face mission-critical situations every day. To date, nearly 100 Android application developers and accessories vendors have joined the newly formed Ultra-Rugged Developer Network. As a result, several pilot programs with police and fire departments have successfully launched across the United States with more planned over the course of 2015.
“It is critical that as FirstNet becomes a reality and as such the use of broadband becomes more and more prevalent, smartphones, applications and accessories must work together toward the common of goal of serving first responders. At Sonim, we are taking the first steps in creating an open consumer-off-the-shelf platform of new and vibrant solutions,” said Bob Plaschke, CEO of Sonim.
Traditionally it has taken years for public safety applications to come to market, with this new platform, applications can be developed and deployed as quickly as first responders think them up. The Sonim solution begins with ultra-rugged smartphones, paired with accessories to allow for more effective and efficient communication and integrated with value-added applications.
“Sonim has put in the time and resources to build a complete end-to-end solution that provides first responders nationwide with a plan for best communication practices, utilizing the latest FirstNet-ready technology,” said Colin McWay, President of Mutualink. “Their new rugged smartphones are purpose-built for extreme work environments, but what really separates Sonim is their initiative and investment in understanding what it takes to deliver an ecosystem that includes the network, the device and multi-agency, multimedia collaboration applications.”
From a software development perspective, Sonim is taking the necessary steps to open their platform and offer resources to the best-in-class app developers who focus on public safety. The platform offers Sonim’s Sentrify Android API extensions which include features such as “do not disable GPS” and “do not force quit an app.” These types of features allow applications to run the way developers intended them to run. A user in a demanding environment will not have to worry that their applications will fail in mission-critical situations.
“The idea of integrating devices, applications and accessories for public safety, isn’t a new one. What makes what Sonim is doing different, is that they have created a truly open platform built on the very latest technologies to empower first responders and get them ready for a world where FirstNet is a reality,” added Michael Helfrich, CEO of Blueforce Development.
Sonim’s current application and accessory partners include:
- Amrel creates biometric solutions for law enforcement at the local, state and federal level
- Blueforce Tactical (BTAC) enables the rapid formation of tactical teams and facilitates rich information sharing amongst team members
- Etherstack allows agencies to bridge P25 and LTE networks into an integrated communications solution
- Eye Solutions enhances tactical awareness by transmitting real-time video images, sound and data from various sensors into an integrated overview
- General Devices provides a revolutionary system for sending and receiving voice, text, data, pictures and video clips, offering speed, security and functionality
- Klein Electronics is a leader and innovator in the field of communications known for designing, engineering and manufacturing top quality communication and charging accessories for Military and Public Safety
- Lemko’s Enterprise Small Cell solution integrates mobile services with the enterprise cloud by extending wireless broadband services and capacity inside the enterprise with the highest benefit to value, most reliability and unmatched security.
- Mutualink creates networks of interoperable communities that enable participants to share voice, text, radio, video and data communications in real time in a secure environment.
- STING, from Intrepid Networks, is a next-gen Situational Awareness solution for agencies to seamlessly manage call-outs, incidents, emergencies and large public events from start to finish.
- NextNav enables the accurate and secure 3D location of mobile wireless devices across entire metropolitan areas – even in challenging indoor environments
- NowForce offers comprehensive emergency response solutions for campus security, private security and public safety organizations, enabling reduced response times, full situational awareness, and enhanced communications
- Oceus Networks provides customized broadband products and solutions to government and enterprise customers across the globe
- Parallel Wireless is reimagining the RAN and building solutions that will enable and accelerate the long term transition from today’s 4G LTE to tomorrow’s 5G cellular networks
- PressToProtect the pioneer of User-Initiated-Mobile-Alerts enabling cellular users to instantly and intuitively ALERT and transmit enriched data to emergency responders and co-workers of the situation, with one stealth command
- PulsePoint allows firefighters to update, engage, and interact with communities so as to appeal to them for help and keep them abreast of emergency situations
- Savox Communications is the global supplier for Sonim accessories, first to market in Bluetooth and wired LTE accessories for Public Safety and Military applications
- SceneDoc is a mobile investigation and field documentation platform used by law enforcement and public safety personnel to securely and accurately document scenes
- Sensear is a leader in the development and manufacture of high noise communication headsets with their revolutionary SENS (Speech Enhancement, Noise Suppression) technology
- Stone Mountain provides ultra-high quality, feature rich, communication accessories for Military, Public Safety, heavy business and industrial end users
- Tiburon’s CAD integration Mobility application enhances police, fire, and EMS awareness and accuracy.
- US Digital Design’s Station Alerting System helps save lives and property with faster response times and healthier, more informed firefighters and dispatchers
Developers can start making their apps ultra-rugged by visiting http://developers.sonimtech.com.
About Sonim Technologies
Sonim Technologies (http://www.sonimtech.com) is the provider of mission-critical solutions designed specifically for workers in extreme, hazardous and isolated environments. The Sonim solution includes ultra-rugged mobile phones, business-process applications and a suite of industrial-grade accessories, collectively designed to increase worker productivity, accountability and safety on the job site. Sonim’s industry-leading, 3-Year comprehensive warranty has redefined customer expectations of rugged technology. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, Calif., and offers its products with mobile operators around the world.
Mutualink, Inc. has developed an interoperable communications platform that enables community-wide multimedia sharing of radio, voice, text, video, data files and telephone communications in a secure environment. Mutualink’s system is currently deployed by hundreds of public and private entities worldwide, including homeland security and defense installations, NATO Special Operations Forces, police and fire departments, schools and universities, transit authorities, hospitals, shopping malls, casinos, and more. Mutualink is a privately-held company headquartered in Wallingford, CT, with R&D facilities in Westford, MA and Mayagüez, Puerto Rico, and Defense Services office near Washington, DC. For more information please visit www.mutualink.net.
For More Information & Further Inquiry:
Beth Clay, Mutualink, Inc.
Phone: (203) 774-3474
Candice Perodeau, Rainier Communications
Phone: (508) 475-0025 x112