09 Apr School Violence Prevention Program Grant
The COPS Office STOP School Violence Prevention Program (SVPP)
The COPS Office has extended the application deadline for the FY20 School Violence Prevention Program (SVPP) from April 8, 2020 to April 29, 2020 at 7:59 p.m. EDT due to the potential impact of jurisdictional emergency responses to COVID-19 that may cause reasonable delays for applicants.
SCHOOL VIOLENCE PREVENTION PROGRAM (SVPP)
• Purpose – Provide funding to improve security at schools and on school grounds through the use of evidence-based school safety programs.
• Eligibility – States, counties, cities, sheriff’s offices, police departments, tribes, and school districts, independent school districts.
• 2020 Funding – $50 million
For detailed individual program information, see the grants page.
The SVPP funds up to 75% of allowable costs to improve school safety within the fundable categories below, up to $500K over three years. Minimum 25% cash match unless waiver granted.
The allowable use of funds under this program include the following:
- Coordination with law enforcement
- Training for local law enforcement officers to prevent school violence against self and others
- Placement and use of metal detectors, locks, lighting, and other deterrent measures
- Acquisition and installation of technology for expedited notification (to law enforcement) during an emergency
- Any other measure that the COPS Office Director determines may provide a significant improvement in security
Call Mutualink at (866) 957-5465 to learn how our equipment and technology items can be linked to and enhance your school safety plan under the SVPP guidelines.