Qualified candidates must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Mutualink is a leader in building safer and smarter communities through cutting edge technology solutions. We work hand in hand with our customers to enable their communities to be safer and more prosperous by connecting those who serve with on-demand, real-time, intelligent situational awareness, and collaboration solutions.
As a member of the Mutualink Network Engineering team you will be responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing Mutualink’s customer-facing network infrastructure. You will perform a wide variety of maintenance, and expansion planning and execution tasks to ensure the network performance meets company specifications for security, scalability and monitoring.
Job Location: Westford, MA
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance and expansion of Mutualink’s customer-facing network infrastructure which is based on Cisco and open-source networking solutions
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, etc.)
- Configure and setup Cisco Firewalls, VPN Concentrators and Security appliances
- Design, setup and configure complex switching environments
- Design, setup and configure complex wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking
- Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, Ether-Channel (Bonding), etc.
- Maintaining multi-site network operations and software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance with both private and public facilities
- Assisting in network design and integration of customer private networks and the Mutualink secure network
- Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives
- Supervising the administration of systems and servers related networks to ensure availability of services to authorized users
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications
- 3-5 Years direct network experience
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Current CCNA and/or CCNP certification
- Proficiency in use and deployment of multicast routing solutions
- Knowledge of VoIP implementation and support
- Experience maintaining network security through proper configuration of VPN and Firewalls
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a small business environment
- Availability in response to needs of the customer for installation, maintenance, and equipment malfunctions
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience in automated network deployment
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Interested candidate should send their resume to email@example.com
Mutualink may require you to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment prior to your start date, subject to applicable federal, state and local law. Reasonable accommodations for valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered and must be submitted prior to your start date. Furthermore, Mutualink may request that you provide proof of your vaccination status (such as providing a copy of your vaccination card) if you are fully vaccinated, subject to applicable federal, state and local law.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Mutualink, Inc. (“Mutualink or Employer”) is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis prohibited by law. Mutualink is committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities without consideration of race, color, religious creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, intellectual disability, genetic information, disability, or other legally protected status, unless there is a bona fide occupational qualification under applicable Connecticut statute excluding persons in one of the foregoing protected groups. Additionally, Mutualink will take affirmative action to ensure workplace equality, avoid all forms of discrimination, and develop a workforce that is representative of all segments of the population.
Interested in this position? Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.