This is an exciting opportunity to make your mark. Put your creative talents to work to help make our schools and communities safer. Mutualink is the world leader in advanced critical communications and collaboration for emergency response. Our advanced technology solutions accelerate emergency response saving minutes when saving seconds can save lives. You will be working on the cutting edge of a rapidly unfolding technology revolution, spanning transformational areas like artificial intelligence, next-generation multimedia communications, smart sensors, wearable computing, and more.
Reporting to our Director of Marketing, your primary role will be to develop copy, web, visual, and multimedia content to take our marketing and communications to the next level. You will help develop and share our message in powerful ways that connect with community stakeholders and leaders to accelerate the adoption of solutions that make all of us safer.
There are many jobs. There are few that can make a real-world difference. This is a rare opportunity where you can apply your talents for social good.
We are seeking an individual within commuting distance of Mutualink’s HQ in Wallingford, CT for a hybrid work situation (office and work-from-home).
- Content creation including:
- Designing and creating digital graphics for banner displays, our website, social media posts, and email and advertising campaigns
- Creating visual content to capture product and system solutions
- Writing copy for advertisements, social media, web posts, social media posts, and new releases
- Developing multimedia presentations for sales, training, and promotional purposes
- Updating our website
- Develop and maintain a library of reusable assets, including design templates, elements, graphics, photos, and video
- Assist in capturing and recording live content on-site at events, including photos, video, and audio
- Engage external creative and production resources, as appropriate, in accordance with established budgets and guidelines
- Work with our Director of Marketing to report and continually assess the effectiveness of all marketing, communications, promotion, and public relations activities
- Perform other marketing duties as directed by the Marketing Director
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Mutualink’s products, its markets, customer needs, and key market issues facing B2B development
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be a highly talented, self-motivated creator. This person will have excellent writing and communication skills along with exceptional design experience across multiple digital mediums. This person will also possess a “can-do” approach, bringing positive energy to their work product and co-workers.
Required Experience & Skills
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing & Communications, English and Fine Arts or Digital Arts, or a related field demonstrating similar knowledge and skills
- A minimum of 2-3 years of marketing and/or communications experience, although exceptionally talented recent college graduates with the requisite demonstrable skills will be considered
- Public safety, emergency management, or similar solutions or technology marketing experience are a plus
- Graphic design proficiency – Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator)
- Basic web development – HTML5, CSS3, JS, PHP
- Video editing proficiency in one or more of the following – Sketch Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, DaVinci Resolve, Final Cut Pro X, Adobe After Effects
- Skilled in managing and using Twitter (X), Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and TikTok
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Functional knowledge of HubSpot and SalesForce a plus
- Highly developed critical-thinking skills reinforced by a high level of intellectual ability and curiosity.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Strong planning and project management skills
- A team player who is comfortable working within a highly collaborative environment
- Proactive in style; a self-starter who continually thinks ahead
- Problem solver
- Excellent creative ability, with a strong sense of esthetics and style
- Strong multi-tasking ability
- Strong attention to detail
- Energetic and upbeat
- Highly motivated for excellence
- Strong mentoring skills
- A strong work ethic
- A hands-on approach
- Unafraid of a challenge
- A sense of humor
- Strong loyalty and commitment to the organization, its mission, and the team
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package (Health, Vision, Dental and Group Life Insurance, 401K Plan & Match, PTO, and Holiday Pay), a great team to work with and a mission that you can be part of that will absolutely make a difference. The annual salary range for this position is $75,000-$95,000 based on an individual’s overall qualifications, experience, skill level, geography, expertise, and education/training at time of hire. Promotional and advancement opportunities are available to reach top pay. This pay range can be modified at any time at the sole discretion of the Company and does not include variable, performance-based compensation which can be applicable. If applicable, commission earnings are variable depending on sales performance against revenue quota.
Equal Opportunity Employment and Affirmative Action
Mutualink, Inc. (“Mutualink or Employer”) is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis prohibited by law. Mutualink is committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities without consideration of race, color, religious creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, intellectual disability, genetic information, disability, or other legally protected status, unless there is a bona fide occupational qualification under applicable Connecticut statute excluding persons in one of the foregoing protected groups. Additionally, Mutualink will take affirmative action to ensure workplace equality, avoid all forms of discrimination, and develop a workforce that is representative of all segments of the population.
Interested candidates should send a resume to email@example.com