Mutualink, headquartered in the State of Connecticut, USA, develops and sells an innovative, real time, multi-media, interoperable communications and collaboration solution that enables public safety agencies and critical infrastructure entities to seamlessly communicate, on-demand, by bridging disparate voice communications systems, such as radios, telephones and mobile phones, and enabling the sharing of real time video resources, file and data. Please visit www.mutualink.net for more information on who we are and what we do.
Mutualink’s Software Development Team is currently seeking a Contract Senior Java Server Application Developer to join our dynamic team.
Job Location: Remote from an overseas location
- Must be able to speak and write in English
- Must have access to Internet and phone
- Must own a laptop/PC
- Must be available for at least 2 hours of the U.S. eastern time zone workday
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the extension of our communications solution into large-scale deployment models
- Perform an active role in the design and implementation of software elements to support the management of large-scale solutions
- Perform an active role in the specification of interfaces for the integration of the Mutualink product offering with second- and third-party solutions for integration with other systems
- Evaluate and address issues found in internal testing and in customer installations
- Join in the continuous effort to extend our product’s scope and depth
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- At least 5-8 years of direct software development experience
- Senior level candidates should have substantial experience implementing large scale systems
- Experience in design and implementation of highly reliable applications required
- Expert experience in Java programming language and Spring, Spring Boot, JPA, and Swagger frameworks required
- Experience designing and implementing REST APIs required
- Experience designing and implementing microservice architectures strongly preferred
- Experience with the Docker service architecture is strongly preferred
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL database design concepts required. Direct experience with MariaDB and Redis databases preferred
- Experience with access management solutions strongly preferred, and direct experience with the ForgeRock Identity Platform and OAuth2.0 preferred
- Practical experience with data security principles and methods preferred
- Experience with Agile methodologies and other rapid development techniques preferred
- Direct experience designing, implementing, and maintaining products throughout the product lifecycle
We offer a competitive hourly rate for our contract employees.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Mutualink, Inc. (“Mutualink or Employer”) is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis prohibited by law. Mutualink is committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities without consideration of race, color, religious creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, intellectual disability, genetic information, disability, or other legally protected status, unless there is a bona fide occupational qualification under applicable Connecticut statute excluding persons in one of the foregoing protected groups. Additionally, Mutualink will take affirmative action to ensure workplace equality, avoid all forms of discrimination, and develop a workforce that is representative of all segments of the population.
Interested in this position? Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.